This is a nice article from EnlightenMe.com that discusses some of the pros and cons of home window tinting. One of the cons that is mentioned concerning your home being colder in the Winter is being addressed with the latest generation Low-E window films like Enerlogic. These films are designed to keep your home cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter.
Advantages of Home Window Tinting
- Privacy: a well-applied window tint can make it very difficult for anyone to see into your home during daylight hours, which gives you the freedom to enjoy natural light without having to close drapes and rely on artificial sources of light.
- Temperature: many window tints reflect a certain amount of light, which can keep your home cooler. Additionally, large pieces of furniture in your home do not get as warm during the day, which can help keep your home more comfortable during summer months.
- Longer-lasting furniture: tinted windows can block incoming ultra-violet (UV) light that can damage your furniture and fabrics over time, which can make the items in your home last longer.
- Lower energy bills: window tinting can result in significant cost savings when it comes to heating and cooling your home, which can save you money on monthly electricity bills.
Disadvantages of Home Window Tinting
- Less effective at night: while tinted windows provide great daytime privacy, people can still see into your home at night if you have lights on in a room.
- Colder in winter: because tinted windows reduce the amount of sunlight that enters your home, they can also make your home colder in winter and require you to heat it more to maintain room temperatures.
- Financial investment: even though tinting the windows in your home can yield many benefits over time, it can still require an initial financial investment.
To learn more about your options when tinting your home, contact Sun Limits today by clicking HERE.